Blogaholic Designs”=

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bacon Cheeseburger Chicken Bliss!!!

 My pic of the creamy chicken recipe!

Seriously, this recipe is a MUST TRY!  So fattening, but oh so sinfully wonderful to taste.  And the hardest part of making it, was frying up the bacon!  Soooooooo EASY!
I got the recipe from one of my favorite slow cooker blogs:
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
Because I cook most of my meals in the mornings, crockpot meals are the best solution in our house and she has such a variety of meals to choose from.  Check it out.

Here is the link to the Chicken recipe I just made:

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/06/crockpot-bacon-and-cheese-chicken.html

But here is the actual recipe:
--2 T olive oil
--4-6 chicken breast halves, or equivalent bird pieces (I used 8 breast tenders)
--12 pieces cooked and crumbled bacon
--1/4 cup teriyaki sauce (I used Tamari's wheat-free that I found at Whole Foods)
--1/2 cup Ranch salad dressing
--1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

The Directions.

Put the 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the bottom of your crock and spread it around. If you are using thighs or fattier cuts of meat, this step is probably optional.

Put the chicken in the crock on top of the oil.

In a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce and the ranch dressing. I kept tasting this---the flavor is so bizarre and tasty; I've never had anything like it.

Pour sauce over the top of the chicken. Add the shredded cheese and the crumbled bacon to the crock, getting between the chicken pieces, if you can.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4. The cooking time will depend on how thick your chicken pieces are, and if they are fresh or frozen.



This is her pic of the meal.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds good! It has all the ingredients my husband loves...chicken, BACON, AND CHEESE!!! I'm trying it tomorrow...I'll let you know how it turns out!!

Farrah and Keith said...

Your hubby will thank me ;)! Yeah, let me know how you like it...

Stephanie said...

The dish was DELISH! The whole family loved it! Thanks for the idea!!! I bought yesterday at Barnes and Noble "The Pioneer Woman's Cookbook" and last night made Chicken Spaghetti from the book. It was delish too! I'm sure I'll be sharing some of those recipes!!!

Thanks again!