Blogaholic Designs”=

Sunday, August 26, 2012

All Wrapped Up

This morning I was playing with the K's outside.  Not far in the back of my mind, was our upcoming busy season of life...  School/Daycare starting.
Their swinging became symbolic to me.  It reminded me that we get all wrapped up in our busy season and lose sight of what is important in life.
The anticipation and planning for the busy season often leaves me with a sense of dread of what is to come.  Within the next few weeks we have school starting, Kyler's birthday and party, one of my 5K's and Sea World.  (What was I thinking, right?)  But instead of enjoying each event independently, I am lumping them up into one big giant inconvenience.  Independently, I cherish each and every one of these committments.

 The K's were squealing with delight and anticipation as their game led up to the big climatic moment of the release.  I am taking a lesson from these two little guys and I am going to embrace and cherish these busy weeks and make the most of them.  I will enjoy and celebrate each event in the present moment.
 I will keep in mind that despite these busy times, I am promised no more than I alone can handle.
And in the end, the reward is worth it always, isn't it?
(btw, cute hair right?)

Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

0 comments: